Gridirongamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade rule in question Stocks/Mani needed

+8
scousebronco
JR
bretty
Lord_Deniki
Stocks
Mani
tru11
Logan_Buckler
12 posters

Go down

Trade rule in question Stocks/Mani needed Empty Trade rule in question Stocks/Mani needed

Post by Logan_Buckler Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:46 am

first of all the only "guy" you are being is a thoughtful one. In the interest of fairness it should be discussed and although I be disappointed I would not protest a rule if it was one and I would understand it completely.

That being said I had no intention of keeping gore so he did not play; or has not played a single game for me including preseason we need to decide if that makes a difference. Doesn't matter if he hasn't played a game?
Is going to be a rule at all. I mean you suggesting is a good thing, but I don't know if it is right I would agree I do not want a circus of trades and I think there should be some sort of restriction against it.
However I haven't played with gore so would he still be eligible, or not. I like most members to suggest different things I think a lot of online career commissioners get overwhelmed with power and forget the members are just as right.

I I just don't know if this will need to take place, but then again I can see arguments from both sides. We don't want players switching like the flavor of the week either, but I think you were going to do this rule than it should be restricted to players cannot be traded twice in a season if they have played a regular-season game. Because we see a lot of trades in the preseason just my two cents

I was talking to Mani about this earlier since there two different rules committee members besides myself I think it is only fair for me to step back in a situation like this and let the others two Stocks, and Mani decide because they are unpartial to the situation. I will abide by any ruling like all members should do including myself.
Logan_Buckler
Logan_Buckler

Back to top Go down

Trade rule in question Stocks/Mani needed Empty Re: Trade rule in question Stocks/Mani needed

Post by tru11 Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:40 pm

a player should be traded only 1 timer per season.

its weird to trade for a player and then trade him again in the same season lol.

cant remember any situation where this happens in RL especially with a star player.

doesent matter if you play him or not but only 1 trade per player per season.

tru11
tru11

Back to top Go down

Trade rule in question Stocks/Mani needed Empty Re: Trade rule in question Stocks/Mani needed

Post by Mani Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:27 pm

I agree with Tru. Only one time per season, i say. Now it's Mike turn.
Mani
Mani
Admin
Admin

http://gridirongamers.mioforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Stocks Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:30 pm

hmm well sometimes u see this trade is baseball,an basketball. a 3 way trade is kinda what this is.i think u can fit in the capp,it should be aloud
Stocks
Stocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord_Deniki Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:12 pm

What's the difference if he does this or works out a 3 team trade??
sometimes its just easier to do 1 trade at a time with the ultimate outcome being the same...
Lord_Deniki
Lord_Deniki

https://www.facebook.com/Deniki

Back to top Go down

Post by bretty Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:23 pm

I think getting someone in a trade knowing full well he will flip in strait away in a trade is ok,

For me i think a 6 week rule would work,
One a player plays a game that newly traded player can't move for 6 weeks,
bretty
bretty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord_Deniki Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Yeah kinda what im thinking...its the offseason, how does a trade once per season rule affect the offseason? I can see a 1 trade rule applied DURING a season, but off season/preseason should not be included imo
Lord_Deniki
Lord_Deniki

https://www.facebook.com/Deniki

Back to top Go down

Post by bretty Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:41 pm

Yea, good way to look at it lord.
bretty
bretty

Back to top Go down

Post by JR Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:15 pm

Sorry for creating something guys. Just didn't know whether there was a rule in place regarding this sort of deal. Although I am not keen on the idea of these kind of trades happening myself, if the powers that be say it's fair then I can live with it. Nothing personal against Logan or Nebby, just noticed something Mani missed when evaluating the trades.
JR
JR

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:19 pm

No problem, Jr. I'm sure that everyone understand that THESE are the discussions that make a league even better.

With the contribution of everyone, we can do always a better job.
Mani
Mani
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scousebronco Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:52 pm

tru11 wrote:a player should be traded only 1 timer per season.

its weird to trade for a player and then trade him again in the same season lol.

cant remember any situation where this happens in RL especially with a star player.

Yer i agree with Tru on this.

Also think trading players you just got is kind ov a cheat/lophole with the cap pen IMO.
scousebronco
scousebronco

Back to top Go down

Post by rhinocharge99 Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:52 pm

about the only time i know of a guy getting traded to 2 teams in NFL real life in a seasons like that may be randy moss a few yrs back, but even that may have only be just one trade during the season..
rhinocharge99
rhinocharge99

Back to top Go down

Post by bretty Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:56 pm

I do like the idea of preseason not counting thou.
Makes it easier to organize 3 ways deals,
bretty
bretty

Back to top Go down

Post by rymac588 Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Seems kind of split, perhaps we should vote on the rule for the future and this trade for right now.

rymac588

Back to top Go down

Post by Riverside Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:03 am

tru11 wrote:a player should be traded only 1 timer per season.

I'm supporting this idea. the same with a FA - if you'd trade/sign him - stick to him - you knew what you where doing.
there could be an idea-option to get 100% of his salary as penalty cap if you really started to hate this player for a reason or w/o it Smile but it what could work in XFN last year - but not now
Riverside
Riverside

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:38 am

moss was traded to vikings and then released and claimed off waivers.
he was not traded 2 times in a season.

also a 3 team trade doesent involve a player traded 2 times but just 1 time.

pre season is also part of the following season.
otherwise people can just sign all FA and trade them away or draft players and trade them away.

these scenario`s arent happening in the NFL in Real Life lol.

tru11
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by rascrush Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:08 pm

well we already had a rule against free agents put in place last year. I think it should not be a issue if you want to trade for a player and then later in the year want to move him. What if say for instence i trade for chris johnson and then later in the year u have a chance to trade for ap y shouldnt i be able to use cj as a piece to trade for ap

rascrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:14 pm

You can release him and pay the price for it, if you gave him a big time contracts.

It's a risky business, you know.
Mani
Mani
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tru11 Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:45 pm

its simple: if you want to try and be as realistic as the NFL then deals like this should be restricted which is the:`` at least 1 season before trading a player you just traded/signed/drafted for`` rule.

i dont know of 1 player who has been dealt in the same season in NFL.
if someone can show me its a very normal thing in the NFL that players get traded 2 times in the same season then ill take my words back and im fine with this.
tru11
tru11

Back to top Go down

Post by Logan_Buckler Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:50 am

It's been ruled upon its a NO-NO/ there is a rule agt it; thanks guys for the talk
Logan_Buckler
Logan_Buckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down