Gridirongamers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW SITE vs THIS SITE

+2
Mani
champgiff
6 posters

Go down

NEW SITE vs THIS SITE Empty NEW SITE vs THIS SITE

Post by champgiff Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:21 pm

First off, I want to say that I probably can't even begin to fathom the amount of time Mani, Alex, and possibly others have put in to get the new site up and running. I've debated for a couple of days whether or not to post this, but I know that this league has always been about what is best for the league and it's owners first and foremost, as those are the two key elements in keeping an online franchise running strong. Mani and Co. do an outstanding job, and without their efforts this league would surely fall apart at some point.

Ultimately, the reason for my post is in regard to the change over....

I think we are making a mistake moving away from this forum. I really like a lot of things about the new site, but the forum portion is very inferior to this one. Logging in alone is always a challenge, and trying to access anything from your iPhone is so frustrating that it's not worth the effort to me anymore. I know in a perfect world we'd love to have everything on one site, but I believe the league and it's communication will suffer if we do away with this site, and being able to easily communicate is KEY to the health of this league. Everything on this forum is laid out very nicely, and it's not that big of a deal to jump over to thegridirongamers.com for the features that make that site great.

The bottom line is, this site is very easy to navigate and understand, and is accessable from any device very quickly and smoothly. If it becomes a hassle for owners to communicate, their participation in the league outside of playing the games will drop dramatically, and I believe the league will suffer.

I don't mean, in any way, to show disrespect to the amount of effort Mani or Alex have put into the new site, and I really don't want to be "that guy", but for the sake of the health of league, I really felt I should say something.

Thanks fellas. Please feel free to discuss and debate, as I feel this is something that needs to be talked out before we make any permanent changes.
champgiff
champgiff

Back to top Go down

NEW SITE vs THIS SITE Empty Re: NEW SITE vs THIS SITE

Post by Mani Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:25 pm

Ok, you're "that guy" Very Happy

I knew sooner or later we would have discussed this issue. And, in someway, i see your point.

But I think that the new forum only needs time to be familiar with. And i decided to strech the transition period to allow everyone to take confidence with the new one.

The new site should be able to run smoothly also on phones and Ipad. And i can assure you that this forum will not be deleted until we will have the 100% about the opportunity to see the topics of the new site everywehere.

I decided to spend time ( and a bit of money) to give the league a better way to stay togheter. Everything is made to have a better environment where to have fun.

I was expecting concerns and doubts about the members and i always think that a league that discuss is a good league, because means that everyone take care about the house, not only the commissioner.

We will go step by step to not waste what's good. But we will not stop. Maybe we can search a better forum layout and surely we will work to make accesible the new site by any device.

I'm here to hear any tought and idea that can make it better
Mani
Mani
Admin
Admin

http://gridirongamers.mioforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jmi426 Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:08 pm

I have to agree. This site everyone is very familiar with and very easy to navigate. Probably just gonna take a little time to get used to the new site. I have definitely had my problem on the new site
jmi426
jmi426

http://jmi426@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LetsGoBears_ Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:21 pm

I like the new site and don't really find it that hard to navigate through and find what you need to. Everything that you will need to find is at the top of the site on the four tabs and the chat seems a lot better as well.
LetsGoBears_
LetsGoBears_

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex-willoz Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:26 pm

I think its just a case of getting used to it.

I am working on trying to make it more user friendly on mobile devices. I think the fact its not the easiest to use on mobiles atm is the main problem.
Alex-willoz
Alex-willoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex-willoz Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:30 pm

If you have problems with it. Can you please let us know what it is and we will try to sort it out if we can.

(By we I mean I will.... Laughing )
Alex-willoz
Alex-willoz

Back to top Go down

Post by Mani Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Alex-willoz wrote:If you have problems with it. Can you please let us know what it is and we will try to sort it out if we can.

(By we I mean I will.... Laughing )

Embarassed I'm the mind, you my arm... cheers
Mani
Mani
Admin
Admin

http://gridirongamers.mioforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by RVallee Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Have to agree with Champgiff. Don't think he could have said it any better, cause that's how I feel, definitely appreciate the time and effort that was put into the new site. Obviously looks tons better, updated. My biggest issues with it are:

1) I still cannot log on from my phone. I have a HTC Titan Windows Phone (which I am writing from right now). I can access the main page of the new site but nothing else. Cannot log into the new site. Logged in from Facebook which I wish I wouldn't have now, cause I think that's my problem. And cannot Register now cause it says my email is in use (from logging in from Facebook). I've debated just creating another email address to use to register with but that's a pain in the ass and any updates will go that email and not my actual email.

2) The new site seems tough to navigate. This site you come here....anything new has the little blinking NFL symbol. I know it's not flashy but it's simple and easy to use. New site the forums are on a separate page, and it only goes by the time of the last post, so unless you have perfect memory you may have to click there just to see if there's something new. Basically the ease of use isn't like here, and I think that can be huge when it comes to activity.

Don't care for the new chat much either, I know im a Debbie downer here lol, not knocking you guys at all, it really is a beautiful site.
RVallee
RVallee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum